Monday, October 23, 2006

It's bootleg week here at Toter Allee! These are all great sounding boots at high bit-rates.

Led Zeppelin IV - Mickboy Remaster
Mickboy is mostly known for reworking Rolling Stones albums, but he has done at least one Led Zep - this one. Clearly he doesn't have access to the master tapes, so it's not really a remaster. I understand that he purchases the highest quality Japanese vinyl, takes it into a studio, and he does whatever it is that he does. Whether this reworking sounds 'better' or not is a matter of opinion, but there's no denying that it definitely sounds different. To my ears, it sounds fantastic, most noticeably on a song I thought I was sick of, "Stairway To Heaven".

Part 1 Part 2

.flac files for LZ4 Mickboy remaster: approx. 333 megs.
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4


The Groundhogs - Quinn Abbey (1971)
I got this off cyberspace a year ago or so, and I remember that there is some controversy if this is an actual concert, or a collection of live tracks pasted together. Whatever - it sounds great!

1. Mistreated
2. Split - Part 1
3. Cherry Red
4. Split - Part 2
5. Groundhog Blues
6. Still A Fool
7. Garden
8. Eccentric Man

Tony McPhee - guitar, Pete Cruickshank - bass, Ken Pustelnik - drums

Part 1 Part 2


Procol Harum - Easter Island (1969)
14 tracks recorded live at the Fillmore East and L.A.'s Troubador.

1. Conquistador
2. Chelsea's Tune
3. Kaleidoscope
4. Homburg
5. Repent Walpurgis
6. Shine On Brightly
7. Going Down Slow
8. Juicy John Pink
9. (Outside The Gates Of) Cerdes
10. Skip Softly
11. Crucifixion Lane
12. Wishing Well
13. Rambling On
14. Whiter Shade Of Pale

Part 1 Part 2


Free - Talking Of Heartbreaker (1972)
OK this is an unusual Free bootleg, and I wasn't at all sure that I would even like it, but it is great!! The problem, so I thought, was that though he is pictured in the artwork, Paul Kossof was 'sick' for this part of the tour, and was replaced by some guy named Wendell Richardson who does a hell of a job. The music is just great, the band is really on top of it. Maybe being relieved of the burden of worrying about Kossoff collapsing or falling off the stage or something was a good thing! I mean, talented as he was, working with Koss towards the end must have been a major pain in the ass.

1. I'm On The Run
2. Heartbreaker
3. Soldier Boy
4. Come Together In The Morning
5. Everyday I Have The Blues
6. Child
7. Wishing Well
8. Seven Angels
9. Fire And Water
10. All Right Now

Paul Rodgers - guitar, Wendell Richardson - guitar, John 'Rabbit' Bundrick - keyboards, Tetsu Yamauchi - bass, Simon Kirke - drums

Part 1 Part 2


Sandy Denny - Dark The Night (1966-1972)
Great sounding Sandy Denny boot!

1. Green Grow The Laurels
2. Fhir A Bhata (The Boatman)
3. Blues Run The Game
4. Milk And Honey
5. Window Of Your Soul
6. In Memory (The Tender Years)
7. It Ain't Me Babe
8. You Never Will Be Mine
9. Dear Geordie
10. Until The Real Thing Comes Along
11. Whispering Grass
12. Dark The Night
13. Solo
14. It Suits Me Well
15. The Music Weaver
16. Bushes And Briars
17. It'll Take A Long Time
18. Man Of Iron
19. Here In Silence

Tracks 1-2: BBC, Cellarful Of Folk, November 7, 1966
Tracks 3-9: Home Demos, 1966
Tracks 10-13: BBC, Sound Of The Seventies, November 14, 1972
Tracks 14-17: BBC, Sound Of The Seventies, October 25, 1972
Tracks 18-19: Pass Of Arms Soundtrack, 1972

Part 1 Part 2


Robin Trower - The Tower Of Philadelphia (1974)
Excellent soundboard recording of the best Robin Trower lineup. Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, November 21, 1974

1. Twice Removed From Yesterday
2. Bridge Of Sighs
3. Althea
4. Lady Love
5. Daydream
6. Too Rolling Stoned
7. I Can't Wait Much Longer
8. Day Of The Eagle
9. Little Bit Of Sympathy

Robin Trower - guitar Jim Dewar - bass, vocals Conrad Isadore - drums

Download

The Strawbs - Heroes Are Forever (1973-1974)
BBC In Concert

Disc 1: March 25, 1973

1. New World
2. Sheep
3. Tears and Pavan
4. The Hangman And The Papist
5. Benedictus
6. Heavy Disguise
7. The River
8. Down By The Sea
9. The Winter And The Summer
10. Part Of The Union
11. Lay Down

Dave Cousins - guitar, Dave Lambert - guitar, Richard Hudson - drums, John Ford - bass, Blue Weaver - keyboards

Disc 2: April 11, 1974
1. New World
2. Lay Down
3. Autumn
4. Tears And Pavan
5. Just Love
6. Out In The Cold/Round And Round
7. Hero And Heroine
8. The River/Down By The Sea
9. Lay A Little Light On Me

Dave Cousins - guitar, Dave Lambert - guitar, Rod Coombes - drums, Chas Cronk - bass, John Hawken - keyboards

Part 1 Part 2

Quicksilver Messenger Service - The Matrix, San Francisco, March 19, 1967
Alright this isn't really a bootleg, this 2-disc set was gotten from a torrent site a couple years ago. There aren't any covers for this, so if anyone is inspired to make a nice set, it'd be great if you uploaded them for us! The sound is pretty damn good, considering this performance was almost 40 years ago!!

Disc 1 - First set 31:38
01 intro talk before first song 0:34
02 Susie Q 3:43
03 I Hear You Knocking 3:34
04 talk : intro to Little Dandelion 0:22
05 Little Dandelion 2:08
06 talk : intro to Gold And Silver 0:25
07 Gold And Silver 2:42
08 You Don't Love Me 2:44
09 Codine 4:58
10 talk: intro to I'm Backwords 0:36
11 I'm Backwords [instrumental] 2:53
12 Smokestack Lightning 6:52
13 talk: set outro 0:07

Disc 2 - Second set 59:48
01 talk before first song of set 0:25
02 [cuts in] Dino's Song 3:05
03 > Walking Blues 2:56
04 Too Long 3:54
05 Duncan And Brady 3:00
06 talk: intro to Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 1:17
07 Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 4:40
08 If You Live 6:20
09 Hoochie Coochie Man 4:40
10 All Night Worker 4:03
11 Pride Of Man 3:47
12 Mona 10:58
Encores:
13 Got My Mojo Working 4:16
14 Who Do You Love? [cuts on last notes] 6:27

Part 1 Part 2

Black Sabbath - Come To The Sabbath (1970)
Terrific sounding show in Paris, France December 1970

1. Paranoid
2. Hand Of Doom
3. Iron Man
4. Black Sabbath
5. N.I.B.
6. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
7. War Pigs
8. Fairies Wear Boots

Part 1 Part 2

OK! See you later.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a smoking collection of Bootlegs. I mean my ass is on fire . You rule !!!

5:46 PM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Led Zep. Sounds like it should be an interesting listen!

5:48 PM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCKIN' HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

12:00 AM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you have Pyramid? This kraut-space-stuff with one long track called Dawn Defender?

Greetings!

Alex

2:59 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hi just fred - holy cow you better put your ass in a pail of water or something!

Hi reshard - you're welcome!

Hi anonymous - OK!!!

Hi Alex - believe it or not, that CD just came in the mail today! I had to try about 5 places, they all said it was unavailable. Now, click on a few ads to help me pay for it! I'll rip it & scan the covers for next week.

11:28 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger JR Heat Warp said...

What a great load of boots! I can't wait to get my ears on this Groundhogs set.

Many many thanks.

11:29 AM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the quicksilver! today you make me really happy with this gem

12:43 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, lots of great stuff. I'm downloading now, all this amazing bootlegs (I hope so...Yeah, I believe in you, man!!)
You're the man, Liam.
Congratulations and an enormous THANK YOU

1:11 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liam,
Because I missed the real restart of your blog I have to go some weeks back to check all the right stuff for ears… Now I have small comments to what I know: Wallenstain (October post), great stuff, thanks reminding me this album, I found the CD and played it immediately…Then Embryo is also great – not easy to listen, but great. I’m looking forward listening the Aserix band – I love the first Lucifer’s friend album so much.(I’m so exited that I’m pushing the download speed with my eyes!)
I heard a song from a band My Indole Ring (west coast psychedelic scene)recently. It sounds so great to me…Could you post it please if possible?
And finally small recommendation to all of you guys: Great radio on the live365.com called Turn me on dead man…(It completely replaced Hammond Organ Plus and The Rock Doctor my ex-favorite in my radio play list since I tuned it on)
Thanks for all,
Mates

1:55 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger PE_35 said...

hi,
maybe i'm ignorant but how do i can download the new bootleg updates, there's no functional link to click like download or rapidshare, can you somebody tell me what is the problem ?

thank you very much

5:17 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To 'pe_35',
You need to copy the link and paste it on the URL of the internet page...the rest (next step), is the same of the old scheme

1:35 PM, October 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga,

I really have only downloaded the QMS Matrix boot because it is one of my favorite 60's bands and I believe there's not enough music out there (66-68) from this great band, I do not agree with almost everyone, saying that Happy Trails is greater than the self-titled classic, because the musical intensity of most of the songs of that first album is incredible and I know it wasn't a live performance as most of happy trails but... I'm rambling.

Anyway thanks for a great album I inserted some fonts in the group pic for a cover art, not great but it is something.

By the way I love "The Fool" (one of my favorites).

Leonel Garcia.

6:52 PM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger PE_35 said...

i appreciate very much answers of HENDRIXPHAN and KIKAS for the details about downloading, now i'll know it for the rest of my life.

thanks

9:59 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About The Groundhogs - Quinn Abbey live, read this :

The Groundhogs. Quinn Abbey. Bootleg Italian CD. Live tracks (eight) nicked from other official releases. It`a rip-off - Don`t buy it! Bootlegs are immoral & line the pockets of scumbags who couldn`t give a toss for the rights of the artist who gets bugger all. OK - for bands like Led Zeppelin bootlegs are going to a have minimal effect on their mega-millions. But for a musician like Tony McPhee bootlegs are more than just a nuisance. Besides there is now an extensive & excellent range of live `hogs/McPhee stuff to choose from. At least if bootleggers were honest about their "product" it would be something but they aren`t. Quinn Abbey gives no info, apart from "recorded live in 1971", about the sources of the material. Apart from one track (Garden) it`s all available on official CDs. What is the significance of Quinn Abbey? It implies (falsely) that this CD was recorded live at the derelict church featured on the sleeve.

6:48 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I don't know much about Mr. McPhee's fortune but I know that the Grateful Dead wouldn't be the GRATEUL DEAD without bootlegs so if anyone is interested in buying the Groundhogs/McPhee record collection I'm sure it won't be me, I prefer to download or trade a live tape than listen to an unknown artist spending my hard earned $$$. I am familiar with the Groundhogs but many people aren't.

One thing is for sure is that the Dead's best albums: Workingman, American Beauty and Wake of the Flood don't even resemble a live album so I bought those albums because they are studio masterpieces but I download any bootleg I can find from them.

One of the greatest things about bootlegs is that they are not processed, listen to Songs Remains The Same and then to the Wembley '75 boots. They sound like they are from totally different eras but the difference is a year.

Whatever, I'm too cheap to make Mr. Tony McPhee richer. I'm Sorry, but you can keep it up maybe he can buy a boat with your money.

Leonel Garcia.

8:46 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very nice collection thank you, especially the Groundhogs, nice to see my friend Kikas on here helping fellow downloaders.

12:47 AM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Garcolga :)

First of all I would like to thank you for the music you're presenting and educating all of us here... I never thought I woud have the chance to listen all those beautiful albums from the past, so far just having the opportunity to read about them :o I am quite young man as born in the 70s, so know these times and so the music just from tales of parents and elders who lived then... As for the music I have no special taste (laugh) just following my nose and the rule 'if something was coming off in the 70s - it's the music just for myself cause I just love it! No matter if Prog rock, blues, krautrock, hard rock, jazz etc'

I wish to say that I am very much grateful for such places like this one where people can share their passion and love to the old music no matter of kind... As I discovered your blog not so long ago haven't the chance to listen up even a small part of the stuff you're recommending... I spot the links to the older stuff not working as it says wrong url (fie missing?) Could it be fixed pretty please? I would be very much obliged for this one... In the meantime thank you for Zeppelin, Free and Black Sabbath :)

Keep up the amazing work and have the nice day :) THANK YOU!!!!

Best wishes,

~ Witkacy ~

4:31 AM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there..! Always enjoy the posts! thank you very very much...

Have you seen anybody post Witthüser & Westrupp Trips&Traum ? I cant seem to locate a copy anywhere...

Best,

MP

11:53 AM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Procol Harum album Easter Island, track 8 - Juicy John Pink -is corrupt!

8:57 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger GarColga said...

"From Procol Harum album Easter Island, track 8 - Juicy John Pink -is corrupt!"

Dude after 1 part is deleted I have to re-archive and reupload the whole thing - the parts probably aren't goin to match - the file sizes are different the second upload - you have to redownload both parts.

9:14 AM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, my turn to comment... We may have setbacks and unforseen eventualities that impose their way into daily plans, but "8 Days in April" remains peerless in quality and spirit. I love the passive strength and mental superiority that you demonstrate when dealing with the deleter('genetic-cripple'). But, more than anything, 8 Days is where I like to go to learn, savor, and enjoy all things music. You have demonstrated the premier attributes of what "file sharing" should be. I find all of the information to be accurate and HELPFUL! For example: LedZep IV (mickboy re...) has forced me to postpone the reading of that album's eulogy, because I was just nailing the coffin shut that one. That album now sounds completely fresh and current and I just keep wanting to turn the volume up!!!!! In summary, Yours is a commendable effort as it consistently places ME forever in your debt. The care and consideration (plus the overall integrity within) gives me NO alternative -- I'm giving it a '10'...
Thank You ever so kindly!!!

10:03 AM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your excellent job.
unluckily I arrived too late for Sandy Denny - Dark The Night part1.
Any chance to see it reupped, please?
Thanks for your excellent music aste.

4:06 AM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the fantastic boots, especially Robin Trower!
You are still the Grand Master of Music! Best Wishes,
Rob

7:24 PM, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home