Monday, October 30, 2006

18 Karat Gold - All-Bumm (1974)
Only album from this band led by Lothar Meid , ex-Amon Düül II. All the members would at one time or other be in Amon Düül II, also other German bands like Embryo, and Klaus Doldinger's Passport and Doldinger's Motherhood. Sounds very much like late 70's AD II, with some poppy material rubbing shoulders with some great spacey rock.

Download

Kyrie Eleison - The Fountain Beyond The Sunrise (1976)
Real nice symphonic prog from this Austrian band, which manages to sound a lot like early 70's Genesis, without being overly derivative. Lots of keyboard leads and a wide range of moods. Long songs and high-quality musicianship. Includes bonus track which is a demo from 1978. Band later turned into Indigo.

Part 1 Part 2

Mott The Hoople - Mad Shadows (1970)
This is probably my favorite Mott The Hoople album. Well, maybe "Brain Capers"! Whichever one I listened to last is my favorite I guess. Never cared too much for the David Bowie/glam era Mott.
Great piano-based electric rock ballads. The last track, "When My Mind's Gone" was improvised in the studio and might be the most angst-ridden thing I've heard. Brilliant.

Download

Edgar Froese - Aqua (1974)
First solo release from Tangerine Dream founding member Froese. A classic of free-form, pastoral, ambient electronic rock.

Download

Sugar Cube Blues Band - Sugar Cube Blues Band (1967)
Forget the 'Blues Band' part of the band's name - they weren't a blues band and the songs aren't remotely bluesy! The 'Sugar Cube' part makes more sense, because this is some great mid-60's garagey psychedelia. There are some real good tunes here and this is well worth checking out if you are into the "Sixties Sound"

Download

John Entwistle - Smash Your Head Against The Wall (1971)
Digitally remastered edition of the late Who bassist's debut solo album gave him an outlet for his musical muse since his compositions had increasingly taken a backseat to the blaze of Pete Townshend's creativity in The Who. This is some very downbeat stuff. Players here included Who brother Keith Moon & Humble Pie's Jerry Shirley on drums, Neil Innes and Viv Stanshall from the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, and Cyrano and Dave Layston on guitars. The whole affair was engineered by Roy Thomas Baker. Enough bonus material to double the length of the album!

Part 1 Part 2

Pyramid - Pyramid (1976)
From the same label as that Nazgûl album I posted a few months ago. Same deal - very little information, virtually no liner notes, about all the back cover says is "personnel unknown". This consists of only one track, basically a long jam, coming in at 33 minutes. Two guitars, bass, drums, and keyboards. This is very trippy, stoned-sounding stuff, recommended for anyone that loves 1970's German space music.

Download

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Your blog is really superb, one of the best. But please, get away from anything that has to do with Rapidshare. They really suck. I'd suggest Megaupload (as you don't have to divide the bigger files and we don't have to wait for hours for the next parts).
Keep up doing this great job!
Greetz from Holland

5:47 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend

First I would like to thank you for your excellent and important blog. I think blogs like yours introduce whole new generations to these wonderful and often obscure music. And such blogs will play an important factor in shaping the future direction of music.

It is too bad that the links are giving you trouble. I just want to say please take it easy. The people who leave negative or demanding comments should really stop being so selfish. Whatever and whenever music you share, we are greatful.

MZ
Sydney, Australia

9:08 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always pay a visit to your blog, I liked it a lot!

And you're right, paylesssofts.net is the only service that really hides the link.
I'm thinking in use it for mines too...

Also, for people complaining about RS, is the best service around, especially if you pay it. Even free, is one of the best.

But hey, we want everything free, including your wife.
Common people, I see dozens of free-hosts born every day, and this same hosts kiss the floor after some time.

Oh yeah, but they are free, with unlimited bandwitch, no wait, unlimited speed and paralell downloads.
This kind of thing is a joke... :P

9:14 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for Pyramid!

Alex

1:41 AM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi garcolga,
haven´t told you yet, that i´m glad you are back and kicking. today i send you a link for some old german cosmic courier stuff:
@ http://www.avaxhome.ru/music/mythos_-_dreamlab_1975.html
i know that album. it´s quite sexy...
greetings from ole germany

2:49 AM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot download the zip; keeps saying "session expired".........even though I have not been there but a few seconds....and I never get to the Rapidshare page. Help! Thanks for posting this and your site is a daily stop for me. Thanks again, for the help and the music.

Freddy

3:47 AM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paylessofts always told me "Session expired", never reach the Rapidshare page. Have meanwhile change every option, but nothing happens.

Same with Firefox amd IE.

Help .... !!!

9:51 AM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Don't mention Megaupload... I'm currently d/l a 135MB file at, wait for it... 46kbps!!! It's only going to take 46 MINUTES!! How slow is that? Rapidshare.com is EXCELLENT. If you want to slag off then have a moan about megaupload!!

12:08 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cargola, I have the same problem as stated in previous comments, i.e. I can't connect to paylesssoft because the session has expired ??? What's happening ? Please if you can use http://lix.in which looks better and simpler than paylesssoft protection system imo. Thank you for helping us by fixing this in coming days/weeks. ;-)

2:17 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga.

FYI, I'm getting the "session expired" as well. Always used to work for me under Opera browser (cookies, javascript, yadda yadda on). I just tried it with Firefox and get the same result. I had the same problem another blog's paylesssoft link two days ago. Looks like they've fuxed something up. (lix.in works fine for me as well.)

As I've said before, I love your blog and appreciate your efforts.

Cheers,

~jp~

5:01 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hi - I e-mailed the webmaster at PaylessSofts.net and he said he would check it out.

5:12 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same problem here, under firefox. But workes when I tried (sorry the bad name) Internet Explorer. Thanks for the great blog.

5:13 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger GarColga said...

UPDATE: the guy from PaylessSofts says he is writing code to fix this and will be done in an hour or maybe two.

5:40 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger GarColga said...

UPDATE: Seems to be working OK now.

Seriously, when you are at the PaylessSofts page, click on an ad once in a while OK?

6:06 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well - problem with "Session expired" is meanwhile solved ....

Instead of "Session expired" there is now an announcement "JavaScript must be enabled"
and the same proecedure as before - nothing happened, never reach the RapidShare Page.

I always have JavaScript enabled and the newest version too ...

I give it up and will revisit maybe in a few weeks.

Thanks for the music, Liam.

Greetz

9:45 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga.

Sorry, but it still doesn't work for me with Opera or Firefox (and IE is banished forever from my machines). The "session expired" message is gone now, but I never get to the RS page (it spawns advertising windows very nicely, however ;-).

I seem to recall you once said that you use Opera. Does it work for you?


Cheers,

~jp~

8:56 AM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>It seems that they require referrer logging enabled in Opera in order to get the download working.

Dang! Yes - that fixed it for me in Opera.

Thanks 'fresh'!

~jp~

5:07 PM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Garcolga , I think you said "You werent sure ,but Mickboy might have other Zeppelin albums ". That one that you had is so pristine .I was wondering if you by any chance have anymore,or do you know what albums by Zep he did remaster. Thanks dude you RULE!!!

5:54 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Hazy Dave said...

I just wanna say that "My Size" by John Entwistle is one of the great unknown early 70's metal tunes which belongs alongside "Paranoid" in YOUR mixtape CD-R. That is all. Cheers!

8:23 PM, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About Pyramid and The Nazgul: there are 4 other releases on Psi-Fi: Temple, Golem, Cozmic Corridors and Galactic Explorers. Someone told me that these are not 70's kraut bands but Sun Dial spoofs. No matter, they are great.

12:22 PM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger Loopy C said...

Yo Garcolga! Thanks for the email ;-)

8 Days In April blog started my adventure of discovery into whole new genres/artists that I missed the first time around. It's great to see you come back for another 'round'. You will always have my support and best of holidays to ya!

12:05 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger wino said...

I really dug the "Mott The Hoople - Mad Shadows(1970)"...so much so...that I up'd this over at my blog. (Electric Mud)

Thanx
wino

7:26 PM, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home